Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Finally got my hands on something Cath!

Cath Kidston is a U.K. designer of domestic stuff, and I've been an admirer for a long time. The fact that her stuff is difficult, if not impossible, to find in the U.S. and must be ordered from Britain (at a shipping rate which beggars belief) has meant I could admire on paper only ... (or on the monitor, as it were!)

But today ... a fortuitous find. Two Cedar Mugs in Gypsy Green (pictured) and two Cedar Mugs in blue/stars (couldn't find an image, and my camera went belly up). These were five dollars each in an off-price store. Brand new, labels still on them, five dollars a piece! I now own four of the mugs which -- had I purchased them from overseas -- would have cost me probably in the area of U.S. $100 (as in hundred) with those exorbitant shipping rates.

What can I say? The world is falling down around us, the polar ice caps are melting, the economy is in the toilet, but for this hour, this evening, I am happy over this very little thing.

Hey, I take it where I can get it.


No comments:

Post a Comment